Dealing with Commercial Sewage Backup
Sewage backup in your office is not a basic cleaning task. The cleanup process should only be handled by professionals. If signs of sewage backup occur, call SERVPRO of Studio City / Valley Village to return your business to its preloss condition.
Common Causes of Sewer Backup Issues
Sewage issues are difficult to recover from, however, knowing how they occur is the first step to preventing the worst from happening. Some common reasons why commercial properties experience sewage backups are:
- Stress on your plumbing and sewer system from soil settling in and around your building.
- Misaligned connections or cracked pipes within your plumbing system.
- Tree roots infiltrating plumbing / pipes.
- Irregular maintenance and cleaning. Commercial settings usually experience high-volume and require regular maintenance to make sure facilities stay functioning.
Preventative Measures for Sewage Backup
Here are some preventative maintenance measures that can be taken to lessen the impact of what may occur. See below for suggested guidelines:
- Semi-annual / Annual plumbing and sewer inspections.
- Make sure you use a water pressure reducing valve to limit stress on your building's system.
- Add pop-up sewer release valves if your plumbing system does not have them.
It is difficult and potentially unsafe to deal with sewage backup yourself and is a job that should be left to the professionals. With SERVPROs expert processes, training, and customer experience, we are here to help!