Stop The Spread of Germs!
Do your part to stop the spread of germs!
Here are some helpful tips to prevent the spread of germs. This is to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases. The first tip is to avoid close contact with people who are sick. If you feel any ill symptoms, make sure to cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Another helpful tip to avoid getting germs to attack into your immune system is to avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Also, clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces. Some more tips include staying home when you are sick, except to get medical care. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds is one of the important ways to spread germs.
Another way to fight germs in your home or business is to call SERVPRO to professionally disinfect and clean it for you. Call us anytime! We are here to help!
Leave It To The Professionals
SERVPRO at your service!
We have been busy disinfecting to make a clean and safe environment for our customers! Not all heroes wear capes. We just try to do our part for the community. Our SERVPRO team follows the process of proper donning and doffing of PPE when entering and exiting the decontamination chambers. The decontamination chamber is a three-stage chamber consisting of; clean room, decontamination chamber and equipment/dirty room. We used hospital-grade disinfectants called SERVPROXIDE.
Our SERVPRO team utilized foggers for the decontamination of areas before cleaning was performed. 5-10 minute dwell time for high contact, non-porous surfaces. 60 minute dwell time for all porous surfaces. Our team decontaminated up to 8 feet of high contact areas. We cleaned and removed containment upon completion of cleaning.
Working From Home? Here Is Our Guide To Staying Productive And Being Successful
Working from home for the first time? Work and make it work!
As coronavirus changes the daily lives of Americans, lately many of us get the privilege to work from home to be safe. There are certain perks to working from home. You officially have the shortest commute and your meetings do not happen in the conference room. But, if you are not careful, working from home can also come with some downsides. If you are the type to get distracted easily, do not worry, there is hope.
Here is our guide to staying productive. Want to know if they work? Well, this blog you are reading right now was written from home sweet home.
1. Get an office. Set aside a whole room or a portion of your home that is for all business and only business. Your bed would not be the ideal location to set up your office because that is where you sleep.
2. Get rid of background noise. Be aware of how productive you are while listening to music. Playing music all day helps some people while it can distract others. So, find out which one you are.
3. Break a sweat! Since gyms are shut down in California for a while due to the Covid-19 virus outbreak, make it apart of your job to set aside about 30 minutes to an hour to get your body moving at home. Working from home can reduce the amount of calories we burn in a day. You can still workout outside in nature. You could even throw on workout video to your liking on YouTube. So, grab that jump rope, some light weights or both. No excuses.
4. Keep essentials in your workspace. Keep items such as snacks, coffee or a cozy sweater near your desk. This is a way to prevent you from getting up to grab something and encountering who-knows-what distractions around the house.
5. Know when to take a break. When your home is also your office, it can feel like you are always working. Decide when you are done for the day, and stick to it.
6. Communicate! Make sure to stay in communication with people throughout the day. Chat with colleagues, schedule phone meetings or even check in on Zoom. This will make you feel less lonely and it will also make you feel like an asset to the company you are working for.
7. Get Dressed. Keep your outfit casual and comfortable, but not in the pajama family. It might sound unnecessary, but you will feel more professional, and you will be prepared if a last-minute meeting comes up.
8. Keep things clean! Make sure to always have your workspace clean by the end of the day, so when you come back to it the next day, you are ready to work without clutter. Also doing this will help reduce trash from piling up.
9. Look at the perks of working from home. You are home during the day. Do you realize what that means? You save on gasoline because you don't have to drive to the office. Most importantly, you won't get anyone sick if you come to work with a sniffle. The more you enjoy working from home, the more you will enjoy your job. Now, get back to work!
Who To Call For Your Worst Cleanup?
SERVPRO is Here To Help!
It might be an embarrassing phone call to make but rest assured that SERVPRO of Studio City/Valley Village is prepared to handle it all, and we mean all. Biohazard cleanup can be challenging work that requires technicians to handle potentially hazardous materials and proper handling of the viruses, and a crime or trauma scene, which is crucial to the safety of everyone involved. Biohazard cleaning is NOT the same as a standard cleaning company or janitorial service; it involves cleaning, disinfecting, and deodorizing the affected area(s). If you’re facing the task of cleaning up a biohazard, don’t do it alone. Leave it to the professionals and not the NCIS pros you see on TV. Biohazards can be extremely serious and if not handled properly can be an even bigger issue in the long run.
Follow us on our Social Media pages!
Stay in touch with us on any of our social media channels! Which one do you have?
Do you already follow us on our social media pages? If you have not done so already, come find us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram! We aim to provide great content by giving everyday helpful tips, showcasing our work and just keeping it fun overall. Some of our posts include the science of identifying and eliminating odors can be tricky, but as professionals in deodorization, we can take care of it. Some other examples of what we post are many emergency preparedness tips and showing before and after photos. We also like to share the jobs we’ve done in the past in cities such as Los Angeles, Century City, Hollywood, Downtown, Bakersfield, Sylmar, and just all over the West Coast. What would you like to see us share on our pages? Let us know! We would love to hear from you.
Here are the links to our pages:
Facebook: click here
Instagram: click here
Twitter: click here
LinkedIn: click here
Like It Never Even Happened!
Our technicians are proud to work for us and with you!
Like it never even happened! How many other restoration companies can say that? At SERVPRO of Studio City/Valley Village we take pride in knowing that when you call us we hope to never see you again unless it's in a community setting! Our entire goal as a water and fire remediation company is that in your most stressful hour we are there for you to reassure you that you have chosen the most professional and knowledgeable company possible. Between our office staff, our field technicians, and our CEO you should feel as if you have gotten the white glove treatment from us at SERVPRO. To make a water or fire damage "like it never even happened!" is tough work but we are here for it and you can trust the big green trucks when they pull into your driveway!
Your Commercial Retail Property
Our Project Managers are happy to be helping you!!
At SERVPRO of Studio City/Valley Village it is our number one priority is getting your business back in operation as quickly as possible.
When disaster strikes your store, you need the expertise of a specialized team who is experienced in limited business interruption. At SERVPRO of Studio City/Valley Village, we are able to work around unaffected areas and after hours to allow you to continue your business operations. SERVPRO of Studio City/valley Village is experienced in working with retailers to make sure that all merchandise and structure materials are restored to preloss condition and you get back to normal retail operations.
Call SERVPRO of Studio City/Valley Village for information or help with any disaster help. We are constantly available 24/7 for all of your disaster needs and/or questions.
Commercial Damage Can Present Unique Challenges
Trust us! We handle commercial jobs all the time.
Flooding and water damage events in Los Angeles County commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
SERVPRO of Studio City/Valley Village specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Home Sprinkler System
They're almost invisible and blend in with the decor of your home.
We’ve seen them in commercial and industrial properties and public buildings, but did you know you can get fire sprinklers installed inside your home? 85% of all US fire deaths occur inside the home and installing an automatic fire sprinkler could potentially save your life and your home. There is an 80% reduction in the risk of occupants dying in a fire when fire sprinklers are present. Additionally, there is a 70% reduction in direct property damage per fire. On top of reducing fire damages, fire sprinklers are cost effective. A report commissioned by the Fire Protection Research Foundation places the average national cost of installing sprinklers in new homes at $1.35 per sprinklered square foot, or about one percent of the total construction cost. Sometimes smoke alarms just don't cut it and if you want extra protection against fires home sprinkler systems are not a bad investment. If you or someone you love suffers from a fire loss be sure to call us at SERVPRO of Studio City/Valley Village
Water Damage Science
It's more than just water damage, there's a science behind it.
Did you know there is actually a science behind the process of drying? The knowledge of psychrometrics is essential to restoring a water damaged structure to its preloss condition. While your initial reaction may be to grab a few towels to mop up the mess and place a fan or two around the damaged area, SERVPRO of Encino/Sherman Oaks professionals are trained in the science of drying and follow strict industry-approved standards to help lower the chance of any secondary damages. If your business suffers from water damage, our SERVPRO professionals will:
- Inspect the building to detect every component that is wet, to help prevent secondary damage from happening.
- Measure how much moisture is in wet materials and monitor whether that materials are drying
- Speed up Mother Nature by using professional drying equipment.
What exactly does “speed up Mother Nature” mean? A wet building can often dry naturally because the environment always seeks equilibrium. When materials are wet, moisture will naturally move to drier air at the surface of the material- but only if the air is, indeed, drier. The only problem is, nature often takes too long and secondary damages may occur while the building is drying out. For this reason, the professionals at SERVPRO have been trained to use top-of-the-line equipment to help Mother Nature along, including equipment to help dry hardwood floors, tough-to-reach spaces inside walls, and much more. SERVPRO of Studio City/Valley Village has state of the-art monitoring equipment and a proven scientific process to help speed the drying of your home or business.
The bottom line? Your local SERVPRO have the training and equipment to help make it “Like it never even happened.”